Each board comes with care instructions but in case you misplaced it here is how to clean and extend the life of your board.
Bamboo Cutting Board Care and Maintenance
Maintain your cutting board by regularly applying food grade mineral oil to prevent the bamboo from drying out. You can restore the surface by using 220 grit sandpaper and reapplying mineral oil.
HAND WASH ONLY!
To prevent warping and the formation of bacteria, it’s important that you wash your cutting board immediately after use.
- Clean the cutting board with warm soapy water
- Do NOT soak or submerge the board in water
- Rinse it with warm water only
- Dry immediately with a clean cloth
- Wipe with a thin coat of food grade mineral oil
- Store the board in an upright position in a dry area