Many people have asked us why we chose to utilize bamboo cutting boards. After a lot of research we decided to use bamboo because of the following:
- Bamboo biodegradable.
- Bamboo is a sustainable product. It is actually the fastest growing plant on Earth. Once harvested, bamboo can regenerate itself to its original size in as little as 6 months. Some variations of bamboo have been known to grow up to 4 feet in just 24 hours.
- Bamboo is much lighter than hardwood.
- Bamboo is not a porous as other woods. So it will not soak up as much water or bacteria as other woods might.
- Bamboo cutting boards are easier on your knives. It is extremely hard to scar a bamboo cutting board with a knife, and at the same time, it is soft enough not to damage or dull your knives.
- Unlike wood, bamboo has no knots which give it the ability to tolerate more stress.
- And most importantly, it is the right thing to do for our planet.